Andre Rahadian is a Partner and one of the founding members of HANAFIAH PONGGAWA & PARTNERS (HPRP). Commencing his legal career straight after graduating from Universitas Indonesia with a degree in law (S.H.), Andre earned his Master of Law (LL.M.) and Master of Finance (M.Sc. Finance) both from Boston University, Boston, USA. Andre joined HPRP in 1995 and was made a Partner of the firm in 2001.
In almost 20 years practicing as a corporate lawyer, Andre has been assisting many foreign investors as well as domestic ones in forming and structuring their investment plan and corporate business activities in Indonesia.
Andre is also well known as one of the most respected lawyers in the aviation industry in Indonesia. He has longstanding experience covering almost every legal and commercial aspect including aviation related regulatory. Andre has been representing prominent airline companies, among others the Indonesian national flag carrier PT Garuda Indonesia (Persero) Tbk, PT Sriwajaya Air, PT Citilink Indonesia, and Tiger Airways. In aviation related matters, Andre also assisted PT GMF AeroAsia (Garuda Indonesia Group) in the aircraft maintenance and various major lessors.
In other practice, Andre has extensive experience in the oil and gas, energy, and power sectors, the shipping industry, as well as in financial services related matters. In these sectors, he has been assisting among others Ramba Energy Group, Golar LNG Energy Limited, Priamanaya Group, Bank Indonesia, PT Bank Negara Indonesia (Persero), Tbk., Uni Credit Bank AG, and OCBC Bank Singapore.
In aviation, Andre is an active member in the Indonesian Air Law Society (Masyarakat Hukum Udara/MHU), a non political, independent, non-profit organization serving as the main communication forum for its members to exchange thoughts and ideas to advance the air law sector and acting as a partner of the government in the development of Indonesia’s air law sector. Currently he is serving as the Chairman of the organization. Furthermore, he is often invited to be a speaker at legal and other forums, seminars, workshops, and interviewed for legal as well as financial publications.
Andre is registered in PERADI (Indonesian Advocate Association) as an Advocate and in Indonesian Financial Services Authority ( Otoritas Jasa Keuangan/OJK – previously known as BAPEPAM-LK / Capital Market and Financial Institutions Supervisory Board) as an Indonesian Capital Markets Legal Counsel.
For his outstanding work, Andre has received awards and accolades from international institutions, among others:
- Named as a “Leading Lawyer” by IFLR 1000 2015, 2016, and 2017 editions in practices of Capital markets, Energy and Infrastructure, Project development, Banking, Project finance, as well as in industry sector of Energy, Transport, Oil and gas.
- Recognized as a “Leading Lawyer” in practices of Banking & Finance, Project & Infrastructure, and Shipping, Maritime and Aviation by Asialaw Profile in 2016 and 2017 editions.
- Listed as a “Asialaw Recommended Individual” in Asialaw Profile 2016 edition.
- Recognized as a “Leading Lawyer” by Asialaw Profile 2015 editions in practices of Shipping, Maritime & Aviation, and Banking & Finance.
- Acknowledged as a “Leading Lawyer” by IFLR 1000 2014 edition in Banking and Project Finance practices.